[vdr] Re: Card revision 1.3 and 2.1 not interchangeble?

>Am Sonntag, 17. März 2002 20:58 schrieben Sie:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I have a vdr system with a single card revision 1.3, and it works nearly
>> perfect:
>>
>> - kernel 2.4.4 (suse 7.2)
>> - siemens_dvb-0.9.4
>> - lirc-0.6.4 with simple receiver connected to serial port
>> - VDR 1.0.0pre3
>> - MP3 extension 0.37
>> - mad-0.14.2b
>>
>> If i just replace the card with a new Hauppauge WinTV nexus-s (revision
>> 2.1), the system is not usable any more.
(...)
>> thanks,
>> Christian
>
>afaik the 2.1 and 1.3 work both with the same driver and settings - for me
it
>was no problem to exchange a defective 1.3 with a new 2.1 and everything
>worked without any changes
(...)

>Maybe you should check your system for irq conflicts only occuring with the
>new card ... Sometimes some bios settings (or reconfigure pci settings in
>bios after installing the new card - but depends on your mainboard)
>
>Martin

Thanks for the hint; now I got the things running. :-)

To get the single 2.1 running, I had to mount it in a PCI-slot who's
interrupt line wasn't shared. (the 1.3 works perfect while sharing it's IRQ
with the onboard VGA of ASUS CUA mainboard, the 2.1 seem to need an own IRQ)

To get both cards (2.1 and 1.3) running in the same system, I had to
a.) mount both cards in slots with both own IRQ-lines,
b.) make the 2.1 the primary one.

Since I have only one wire from the dish, I had to to some further things:
c.) _NO_ loop through connection between the cards (!),
d.) connect the wire to the secondary card, and
e.) apply Klaus' little patch from the "help adding another card" thread:

> However, you should be able to achieve what you want by adding the
following two
> lines to dvbapi.c:
>
> int cDvbApi::ProvidesCa(int Ca)
> {
> +  if (this == PrimaryDvbApi)
> +     return 0; // in this system the primary card can't receive anything
>    if (Ca == CardIndex() + 1)
>       return 1; // exactly _this_ card was requested
>    if (Ca && Ca <= MAXDVBAPI)
>       return 0; // a specific card was requested, but not _this_ one

Maybe this will help one encountered with a similar problem.

Christian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index