[vdr] Re: small vdr replay problem

On 31 Mar 2002, Dariush Forouher (DF) wrote:

DF> When I want to jump to a specific position in a video, I press the red
DF> button and enter the the time. The problem is that often the --:-- field
DF> disappears faster than i could press the buttons. Could you please
DF> change the time to a greater value, that vdr waits.

BTW: it has already been discussed some day, but I don't know any more,
what was the end of the discussion: someone had the idea for this to be
entered like this:
press red -> "--:--" is displayed
press 1   -> "--:-1" is displayed. if "play", "pause" etc. is pressed in
                     this stage, it is considered as 1 minute
press 5   -> "--:15" is displayed. if "play", "pause" etc. is pressed in
                     this stage, it is considered as 15 minutes
press 0   -> "-1:50" is displayed. if "play", "pause" etc. is pressed in
                     this stage, it is considered as 1 hour and 50 mins.
and so on.

it's a good idea in my eyes: this would require less key pressings for a
jump.

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de