[vdr] Re: mplayer and tv out with a standart graphic card?

On Monday 01 April 2002 21:48, you wrote:
> Do i need to install GTK at my VDR computer? At the moment, i use only
> the console.
At the beginning I didn't used GTK. But to create 'widgets' by myself was to
much work and I begun to use GTK.
It's possible to create a VDR on VGA-only program and let the mplayer, which
is started by VDR send its output on the VGA screen instead of the DVB. This
would be the easiest way to have VDR + Mplayer. But I dream of more ...

> I have a ATI Xpert@Play which run with VESA FB. I tried to run the
> atyfb, but with it, there is only a scrolling bar on my TV-Out only.
> Can i use it with the ATI VGA card and VESA FB? Or if i can get the
> atyfb to work with it?
I have absolutely no experience with other graphics cards than matrox
G200/G400.

Mike

Home | Main Index | Thread Index