[vdr] Re: mplayer and tv out with a standart graphic card?

> At the beginning I didn't used GTK. But to create 'widgets' by myself
was
> much work and I begun to use GTK.
> It's possible to create a VDR on VGA-only program and let the mplayer,
> which
> is started by VDR send its output on the VGA screen instead of the
DVB.
> This
> would be the easiest way to have VDR + Mplayer. But I dream of more

Okay, if it is too much work, i will install GTK. The problem is the
remote control with ssh. I have no keyboard and no monitor connected to
the VDR. What are you dreaming of?

> > I have a ATI Xpert@Play which run with VESA FB. I tried to run the
> > atyfb, but with it, there is only a scrolling bar on my TV-Out only.
> > Can i use it with the ATI VGA card and VESA FB? Or if i can get the
> > atyfb to work with it?
> I have absolutely no experience with other graphics cards than matrox
> G200/G400.

What graphic card do you have? Matrox Millenium G200 Dual Head with TV
out?
I want to buy the same card like you.

I think the playback of recordings are made by the DVB card and send to
the VGA card. Is there a way to playback the recordings directly to the
VGA card?
If you do this, it is a bugfix ;) for the CAM hangup error.

Marco

Home | Main Index | Thread Index