[vdr] Re: vdr-1.0.0pre5 DVD addon v7 available + LiveAC3

Hi Andreas,

i use the patched version of play-ac3 with the you talk about.
But i've downloaded alsa-0.9beta12, and with this drivers and i got DD sound, and
no problems with playback with DVDs.
So i think the patched version of play-ac3 isnt as good for DVD playback as ac3dec
from alsa-0.9beta12-tools package.

So far the DVD playback problem seems to be solved.
the second Problem liveac3 with Premiere Movie 1 "The Patriot" didnt work, any
suggestion for this problem?

Gerald

Andreas Schultz schrieb:

> Gerald Raaf wrote:
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > i use play-ac3 from emu10k1 (driver from sourceforge) utils directory as
>
> ok, there we have the source of some of your problems. play-ac3 always
> expects *full* frames as input. I will *not* resyncronize in case of
> brocken AC3 frames. Incomplete frames can happen when using any of the skip
> modes.
> There has been patch on the VDR maillinglist for play-ac3 to fix that a
> couple month ago (if i remember correctly).
>
> For DVD's you should use the DVB SPDIF passthrough anyway, as it is able to
>   also pass DTS along.
>
> Andreas
>
> > decoder, with alsa-09beta?? i never got DD sound working. But the i must say
> > that i didnt use alsa-0.9beta12.
> >
> > i will test beta12
> >
> > Gerald

Home | Main Index | Thread Index