[vdr] Re: mplayer and tv out with a standart graphic card?

On Tuesday 02 April 2002 00:35, you wrote:
> the VDR. What are you dreaming of?
I want to display some other information. I would like to integrate a simple
mail reader, a web browser (as soon as mozilla is using GTK+-2.0 this will be
easy) and perhaps a video conferencing application.

> What graphic card do you have? Matrox Millenium G200 Dual Head with TV
> out?
> I want to buy the same card like you.
I'm using a G400 Dual Head now. Before I was using a G200. The G400 is better
but more expensive. Better means it supports more video formats. Right now,
this extra video format isn't used, but one can never know ...

> I think the playback of recordings are made by the DVB card and send to
> the VGA card. Is there a way to playback the recordings directly to the
> VGA card?
> If you do this, it is a bugfix ;) for the CAM hangup error.
Yes, I'm using VDR for everything what has to do with video (TV, DVD). The
exception are only avi-files which are displayed with mplayer. VDR recordings
and live TV is taken from the v4l device in grab mode and sent to the
graphics card. This costs some CPU time, but the load is still not so high as
when you play avi with mplayer via DVB-card.
One could think about playing VDR recordings via mplayer, but the problem is
that the quality is not so good, because of bad synchronisation. But this can
be solved.

Mike

Home | Main Index | Thread Index