[vdr] Re: kvdr-Xv & deinterlacing support

The answers to all questions so far:

-now it works (silly me) after choosing the right combination of color-space
constants and loading the "v4l" extension into the Xserver. (xawtv still
crashes my Xserver upon Xv, kvdr does'nt).

-with _fast_ networks it might work on remote machines, just try ;-)

-i do not plan to make an xvdr :-)

-actually the result looks really great, i will fix some bugs and
side-effects introduced with that feature and upload it asap.
The only problem remaining is, that appearantly the XServer's XSync() is'nt
completly synchronous with the refresh of the monitor and/or grabbing of the
card, which makes the "NTV"-scrolling texts slightly unsteadily - some idea
how to fix that?
-IMHO a select() at the videodev does'nt work but should help???

On Monday, 1. April 2002 19:57, you wrote:
> Guido Fiala wrote:
> >Hallo together,
> >
> >found some time to make a test with kvdr and Xv-support.
> >Basically it's 90% working and looks promising
> >- including optional 50Hz upscale-deinterlacing!

Home | Main Index | Thread Index