[vdr] 18 Minutes - what does that tell?

Hi all,

I experience something which I cannot identify and therefore would ask for
your 2 cents:

I'm booting my vdr box via NFS and I use three video dirs of which 1 is
mounted as a local drive, two via NFS. So my mounts are like this:

/               NFS
/video0         local drive
/video1         NFS
/video2         NFS

My configuration is stored in /vdrconf which is part of root (so also
mounted via NFS).

To make my local drive silent I'm running noflushd. However very 18
minutes, the drive wakes up. As my vdr crashed (for some strange reason
which aren't important now) last night, I saw in the log that the drive
stayed down for 700 minutes (compared to 18 whenever vdr is up).

Does someone have a clue what vdr does every 18 minutes to make my drive
wake up?

Regards,

Robert

P.S. I know I could put that local drive into the server that acts as a
NFS boot server, but I need that drive for situations where my server
isn't up. That's not an option (at least to my wife).

Home | Main Index | Thread Index