[vdr] Re: LiveAC3 and AC3(out)

On Wednesday 03 April 2002 17:40, Robert Schneider wrote:
> vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org wrote on 03.04.2002 17:22:26:
> > On Wednesday 03 April 2002 14:22, Robert Schneider wrote:

[...]
> That's what my question is about. I saw the update to the patch, it didn't
> answer my question. This now does: LiveAC3 does not work with dvb-s AC3
> out.

To be precise, it is *not* possible AFAIK to ouput the AC3 data from the live
stream through the dvb card, as this would mean to put the card into
recording and replay mode at the same time
You *can* have LiveAC3 and digital AC3 out enabled at the same time. This will
use digital out though the dvb card to play AC3 recordings and DVD's. It will
at the same time pass AC3 packets to an external decoder program (specified
via '-a').
Digital out for live streams only works with an additional soundcard.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index