[vdr] Re: LiveAC3 and AC3(out)

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Andreas Schultz (AS) wrote:

AS> From: Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
AS> To: vdr@linuxtv.org
AS> Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 17:49:38 +0200
AS> Subject: [vdr] Re: LiveAC3 and AC3(out)
AS>
AS> On Wednesday 03 April 2002 17:40, Robert Schneider wrote:
AS> > vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org wrote on 03.04.2002 17:22:26:
AS> > > On Wednesday 03 April 2002 14:22, Robert Schneider wrote:
AS>
AS> [...]
AS> > That's what my question is about. I saw the update to the patch, it didn't
AS> > answer my question. This now does: LiveAC3 does not work with dvb-s AC3
AS> > out.
AS>
AS> To be precise, it is *not* possible AFAIK to ouput the AC3 data from the live
AS> stream through the dvb card, as this would mean to put the card into
AS> recording and replay mode at the same time

AFAIK there are not that many channels with a DPID in channels.conf
if you have more than one dvb card in your system, you could configure the
channels which do send AC3 steams to  be viewed only in transfer mode.
this would mean "record the stream on the second card and replay it on the
primary one"

the disadvantage is - if all your non-primary cards are recording, you
wouldn't be able to watch those channels...

the simpliest way to tell vdr to view a channel always in transfer mode is
to set the ca parameter of this channel to 2, 3 or 4.

the "more general" way is to create a new entry like
  999 DD channel
in ca.conf,
set the ca parameter of this channel to 999 - "DD channel"
and tell in the setup that all your non-primary cards could show
DD channels.
In this case, if all your cards are recording and you want to watch this
channel on the primary card, you can still go to the setup and tell vdr
that it is able to show DD channels too. (so you will be able to watch it
- without DD, though)

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de