[vdr] tosvcd and VCD replay problems

Hi there,
lately I was experimenting with tosvcd and the VCD patch (I use AIO,
vdr-1.0.0pre3).
I have the following problem:
When I replay the VCD sound is out of sync (about 2-3 seconds) and
the sound is sometimes distorted.
When I replay the mpeg file created by tosvcd0.3 with a Windoze
mpeg player (I don't remember its name but it was already mentioned
here because it's capable to play vdr files directly) it looks good.
No distortions, A/V in sync.
I also tried to display the mpeg directly from the VCD mgeg directory
made with vcdimager and cdrdao (see tosvcd) with the same
player and with looks also fine.
So I assume tosvcd (and the tools underneath) and cdrdao worked
fine, the mpeg stream seems to be OK.
For VCD replay I use the same DVD-ROM drive which I use for
DVD replay. DVD replay works perfect.
So I think this shouldn't be a DMA or another performance issue.
Or could this mpeg player be that good that it corrects a possibly
out of sync mpeg stream?
I have no other (professional) VCD here to test whether it's a VCD
replay or a VCD mastering problem.
Any help is appreciated.

Regards
  Richard