[vdr] Re: Feature suggestion

Ortner, Uwe wrote:

>>Is it possible to implement a "picture-in-picture" system into vdr?

I was investigating this. I think it would need at least 3 dvb cards to
watch 2 'live' events or 2 cards to view a live and a recorded one.

Another similar feature would be a 'mosaic' view or a 'slide' one, the
possibility to exchange audio channels (audio of the B channel while
watching the A channel) etc etc.

and a vu-meter / oscilloscope / spectrum analyzer for the mp3 section,
it's really boring to have a normal channel displayed while playing mp3s!!

without a proper plug-in system and/or the inclusion of all the patches
into the main vdr distribution, I think it will be very hard to properly
maintain the development.

I love the jEdit plugin system, I'm hacking the sources to have an idea
of a really powerful plugin system.

A request to Klaus: could you include a file inside the vdr
distributions that tells the exact version of the program? I have many
vdr directories, each one is a version more or less patched... eheheh!
naturally all the patch writers should take care of modifying this file
too, thank you

ciao
as

Home | Main Index | Thread Index