[vdr] Re: font

Carsten Koch wrote:
> Except for the flicker problem, the OSD has no limitations.

I take that back.
What I meant was: there are no font size limitations imposed
by the OSD, as vdr generates the characters itself and the
OSD does not even know it displays text.

As far as the OSD limitations go, there are many, including
the fact that OSD requests sometimes cause the firmware to
crash. At least on my system, this happens frequently:

Apr  2 00:52:56 vdr kernel: dvb0: ARM crashed!
Apr  2 02:00:02 vdr kernel: dvb0: ARM crashed!
Apr  4 21:39:25 vdr kernel: dvb0: ARM crashed!

>From what we know today, using the card's OSD was really a
bad idea. I guess that is the reason why new Hauppauge cards
no longer have an OSD. Sooner or later it will no longer be
possible to buy a card that supports the OSD, so it will no
longer be possible to build a VDR system from new components.

Also, a VDR system containing two Nova cards and one graphics
card with a TV-out will be both cheaper and have more features
than a VDR system containing one full DVB-S card and one graphics
card without a TV-out.

Klaus, are there any plans in the pipeline to support a VDR
system containing two Nova cards and one graphics card with
a TV-out?

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index