[vdr] Re: [NVRAM] [Announce] nvram-wakeup-0.04a

alesan@manoweb.com(Alessio Sangalli)  04.04.02 11:21

Once upon a time Alessio Sangalli shaped the electrons to say...

>Sergei Haller wrote:

>> You can use nvram-wakeup without need to patch vdr.

>> 3. when you call vdr, specify the -s parameter in the following way:
>>    vdr -s /usr/local/bin/vdrshutdown
>>    or wherever you copied the file to.

>mmhh I havew to investigate more, but will this be automatically able
>to turn on the pc if I set a timer to record this night at 3.00AM?

Yes.
This works flawlessly and fully automatically here since month.
Your motherboard must support such a wakeup event.

If some tells us, how to issue "int 15" calls under Linux
it would be far easier to use, because the "int 15"-Interface
to the BIOS supports setting the wakeup time etc.
Writing such BIOS-specific values directly into NVRAM
is not very gentlemen like, but currrently the easiest way to go.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index