[vdr] Re: broken epg.data file ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Klaus Schmidinger" <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2002 1:43 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: broken epg.data file ?

> This file is not complete. It is missing the closing 'e' and 'c'
> tags, and especially the '\n' in the last line. This causes the
> "while (<>)" loops to wait indefinitely until the line is actually
> closed.
> [...]
> I'll change the code that writes this file so that it makes sure that
> the file is only accessible after it has been written entirely:

What happens if VDR tries to read such an incomplete file? Will it hang,
too? A couple of days ago, my /video disk ran out of free space. Since all
recordings had the same priority, nothing got deleted. The EPG scan filled
up the remaining space on the file system. I didn't notice the lack of space
at first and when I restarted VDR, it hang while reading the incomplete
epg.data file ...

hh

Home | Main Index | Thread Index