[vdr] Re: Should Master-Timer use a Database?

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 12:46:16AM +0200, M.Kiesel wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:
>
> > Currently i ask myself if i could/should convert Master-Timer to use a
> > database (mysql) as a backend for storing information. (epg-data,
> > timer-info, configuration ...)
>
> This would recommend to set up a mysql server on the VDR machine just for
> master-timer or am I wrong?- A bit oversized I think.

Nobody said that you have to install that mysql on the VDR machine. It
can be any reachable machine. (e.g. my Master-Timer isn't even installed
on the VDR-machines, but on my workstation. As long as master-timer can
get a connection to VDR( and the DB maybe) there is no problem
installing master-timer on another computer)

Bis denn