[vdr] Re: details on installing siemens DVB driver?

Hello!

Am Samstag, 6. April 2002 16:27 schrieb Stefaan Coddé:
> Andreas,
>
> Make is not successfull,
>
> The present kernel configuration has modules disabled
> Type "Make config" and enable loadable module support
> Then build a kernel with module support enabled.
>
> Okay... so typed   make config but that reports :
> Make : no rule to make target 'config'  stop

I could cry! :-)

> I'm running suse7.3, minimal configuration.
> Installed the kernel sources and they are located at
> /usr/src
> named:
>
> linux->linux-2.4.9  (in red)
> linux-2.4.10.suse  (in blue)

As you can see, the "linux" link is not set correctly. It points to a place
called nowhere or nirvana...

> Another thing : sup^pose the make config works, changing kernel has alot of
> options.  If I just press <enter> for all itmes except the one for loadable
> module support...will it keep for all these entries the default value?

Did you get some manual books with your distributions (SuSE)? You should read
them carefully. Your problem: You actually don't have a kernel directory!

This mailinglist is the wrong place to discuss this. Can we meet at irc?

Andi

--
Web:   http://www.flood-net.de/
Mail:  flood@flood-net.de