[vdr] Re: Get only black screen with kvdr 0.42

On Saturday, 6. April 2002 00:22, you wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> using lsof, I determined that kvdr doesn't open /dev/video0...

Mmm, and it displays no error? It should at least print something like "could
not open video-dev" - please start it at a xterm and have a look at the
errors (if any).

> I changed it in #define DEFAULT_VIDEO_DEV "/dev/video" to
> #define DEFAULT_VIDEO_DEV "/dev/video0" but that don't change
> anything???

Don't do that! This string is used to determine the "base-name" of all
video-dev's and is later in the program extentend by the number (0..3)
automatically.

> And I am also unable to find the option to set the videodev, in fact the
> only option I could found is the -b...

That will only help after kvdr could open the videodev - of course the just
uploaded version will still need to open the device ;-), but if you are lucky
the problem went away ...

> I am using latest CVS driver with kernel 2.4.19-pre[46]

Can someone verify that it works with those kernel?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index