[vdr] Re: How to delete recordings?

On Sat, 6 Apr 2002, Klaus Schmidinger (KS) wrote:

KS> Sergei Haller wrote:
KS> >
KS> > On 5 Apr 2002, Rainer Zocholl (RZ) wrote:
KS> >
KS> > RZ> How may i force a "delete now"?
KS> >
KS> > maybe it's a good idea to add an "advanced" menu item, which would be
KS> > dis-/enablable somwhere in the Setup menu. it would contain such things
KS> > like
KS> >
KS> >  - Restart VDR (now it is in the Setup menu, but doesn't really belong
KS> >    there)
KS>
KS> IMHO this was *THE* place to put this!

the original purpose of the setup menu was to set up some configuration
options, that's why I'm thinkong "Restart" doesn't really belong into the
Setup Menu. (But this is only my point of view)

KS> Why should I have introduced yet another main menu item for this?
KS> There are enough items already, with all the various plugins...
KS>
KS> >  - Force removing deleted recordings
KS> >  - Force EPG scan now.
KS> >  - Shutdown (for those without a Power button on the remote control)
KS> >  - ... more things like that?
KS>
KS> I would still put all this into the "Setup" menu (or a submenu thereof).
KS> This is nothing that would be worth an additional main menu item.

You're right, this isn't worth of an own main menu item. This could be put
just somewhere (wherever you think it belongs) But sometimes it's nice to
have access to such things (especially when you don't have console access
at the moment)

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de