[vdr] Questions about '-a' option

Hi,

As I did understand the '-a' option calls a program (e.g. ac3play) and
sends the AC3-stream specified with the pid given in channels.conf to it.

I suppose this is done by simple piping to stdin of that program?

Is it the original mpeg2-raw-stream of the given pid out of the TS or is
it changed anyway?

Can I also give the standard-mpeg-audio pid of a tv channel instead of
AC3-pid to get the audio with '-a'?

Is it also possible with video or data pids?

My main goal is to get the mpeg2-audio-stream of the just watched tv
program.

Thanx for any answers

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index