[vdr] Re: kvdr-0.5 released

Would anybody find it convenient to have the fullscreen during Xv being the
screen resolution and should the window have exactly that size (video
eventually having some black borders any other windows hidden) or should it
act like xawtv?

A strange thing is the greenish flashes under load and the several centimeter
long green lines appearing if you use xv during replay, induced by disk
reads. Disk activity during live watching does'nt have this effect.
Is someone else observing the same or is it just my old V3K/XF4.1 setup?

BTW - i simply forgot to display a message box telling you if Xv could'nt be
startet, so it silently stays in overlay mode eventually.

---

Had a look at the X-server patch. It just seems to include an additional
input format:
      id: 0x32595559 (YUY2) <-used by kvdr & xawtv, is in standard XF4.1.x
      id: 0x59565955 (UYVY) <-included by the patch
(so why do you need the patch to run xawtv? Has this format an advantage, aka
reduces the load put on XServer if used?)

BTW xawtv eats as much CPU in Xv as kvdr at my system. I wonder why xawtv is
so friendly to Gregoire's computer, to track that issue down is really
important!

Therefore:
What is the XvPutVideo() function supposed to do? - it works with and without
exactly the same and one has to feed the XServer with XPutImage anyway!?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index