[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: vdr2divx script 1.5 finished !!!!

Am Sonntag, 7. April 2002 19:55 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
> i use your scripts and i like it. could you enhance it by giving it an
> option how many cds i want?
I will add that - but i'm not sure how to make it really configurable - too
many special cases i think :-) You could take a look in the "choosemedia"
function in 2divx script !
Simply remove the if $SRCAC3 case - then the script will automatically create
2 CD version, if the bitrate drops too low ! You should also change the
Minimum Bitrate Value from 750 to 850 or something ...

> i did severel 1 cd conversions. but for movies longer than 100 minutes i
> would like to do it on 2 cds.
see above

> furthermore i some movies need to be converted by pvainstrumento first. i
> want to choose the use of it.
Question: Why do you need PVAs ?? I used it myself, but now since dropping
PVAstruemnto i converted around 40 VDR recordings (from 10 Minutes to 3
hours) and all were excellent a/v sync - and this without PVAs! Even Stream
error didn't harm mencoder !
So i wonder why you need PVAstruemento ...!?

> everything shpuld be configurable by command line options :-)
Yeah, that's what i'm afraid of :-)
Okay, i guess i have to write a command line parser - and external config
files to be parsed... Not so much fun :-/ But should not be too hard, i just
have some ideas ...

> thank you very much. i will now give your new version a try.
>
> Greetings gunnar

Martin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index