[vdr] Re: Video Disk Recorder version 1.0.0

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Maybe you didn't follow the various messages concerning a "plugin" system
> for VDR? I want the core VDR functionality to be "lean & clean", and additional

ja I did, and I was one who was asking for this many times. But this
would be a (quite) rewrite of vdr, or version 2, don't you think? in the
meanwhile, the current development of vdr won't be slowed down. Every
day there is a new patch...

> The first development version 1.1.x will mainly bring the plugin system
> for external add-on developers. However, it will take a while until I
> will have something that is worth publishing...

that's exactly the reason I suggested you to include patches in a single
version, waiting for the development of the plugin system. However, I've
never managed a (quite big) opensource project, so this is only my very
humble opinion.

vdr is really a great work, many compliments again Klaus!

ciao
as

Home | Main Index | Thread Index