[vdr] Re: tosvcd and VCD replay problems

Richard Cieply wrote:

> When I replay the VCD sound is out of sync (about 2-3 seconds) and
> the sound is sometimes distorted.
> I have no other (professional) VCD here to test whether it's a VCD
> replay or a VCD mastering problem.
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Regards
>   Richard

Hi Richard,

I have the same problem using mpeg2enc and mpegtools (I've not yet tried
toscvd).
My feeling is that it is driver (firmware) related. The A/V sync problem
only started with firmwares after about end of June 2001 (also with DVDs
and even
somtimes with normal TV watching) before that everything was fine.
I am therefore using a driver from beginning of June 2001 and a patched
VDR because
of the different DVB API. Unfortunately my Budget card isn't yet working
with it.
I have not got any reply from the developers about that problem nor
found
any conclusive solutions in the mailing lists.
The only hint is found in the CVS Repository for Firmware Revision 1.44
that they
changed the playback buffering to get rid of audio underruns.

Regards, Andreas.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index