[vdr] Re: Problems with KVDR 5.0

> No, dragging and maximizing with Xv only works up to that approximately
> 1000x720.

And then - you get black borders at the right and bottom or what?

> I'm using Mandrake8.2 (DVB-patch is included in the Distro) with XFree4.2
> and a
> Nvidia TNT2Vanta with the Nvidia drivers and a Resolution of 1024x768.
>
> I get fullscreen with Xawtv, but not with kvdr.
>
> But there's something strange - If I start Xawtv with no options I get
> fullscreen, but
> when starting with selecting device ( /dev/v4l/videoX) I have the same
> problem like in KVDR

Really strange.

> And something another:
>
> KVDR has a CPU load of about 25% with XV on my 1100 Celeron,
> but Xv is sometimes 0.3% and sometimes 24 % after starting KVDR.

If i could track that down - at my system xawtv uses as much cpu as kvdr and
if i let it run the same loop it gets even more (without XSync() calls -
although they are required to actually make the 50Hz deinterlacing work,
comment them out (in kvdr_xv.cpp) and try if the sysload is as little as
xawtv?
Seems to be XServer dependend.

I still wonder, why i have to feed the XServer with images, instead of simply
being able to tell it: take that memory there with that size and draw this
50times per second (and do sync it with the interrrupt from the v4l-device).
_That_ would be something i would call an Xvideo extension.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index