[vdr] Re: AIO 08.04

On Monday 08 April 2002 22:00, Juergen Scherer wrote:
> > new AIO for the final version 1.0.0 of VDR !!!
>
> [..snip..]
>
> > http://www.linvdr.org/download/VDR-AIO/vdr-1.0.0-AIO-08.04.diff.gz
>
> (maybe) I found two problems:
>
> 1) My old Pro7-Recordings are trying to play AC3 on DVB-audio which
> isn't that good without the appropriate hardware :-(  ( that's the
> way I interpret the noise instead of sound I hear )
> These Recordings worked in earlier versions (but I can't say when it
> stopped working correctly right now, because I can't interrupt my
> vdr).
>
> 2) (not from me): AC3live may not be turned off completely even
> without the define for it.

I guess you misunderstand the meaning of the 'AC3=1' compile option. This
option is *NOT* for LiveAC3, it will instead activate AC3overDVB - thats the
noise you hear. LiveAC3 is activated automaticly, when you start vdr with the
'-a' parameter. There should be no need to disable that with a compile
option.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index