[vdr] Re: VPS

Deti Fliegl wrote:

> In DVB there is no VPS but something similar: It is called Running
> Status Table (RST) and is already parsed by VDR. But the DVB multiplex
> contains slightly more information on the Event Information Table (EIT).
> See http://www.dtg.org.uk/reference/index.html

Well, not quite, newer versions of the VBI Teletext spec also include
methods to encode arbitrary VBI signals like VPS, WSS (Wide Screen
Signalling), CC (Closed Captioning). I do not know whether anybody uses
this over the air, and I cannot check, since there's a scaffolding in
front of my dish right now :(

Tom

Home | Main Index | Thread Index