[vdr] Re: Problem with vdr-1.0.0-final DVD addon v8 available + LiveAC3

On Tuesday 09 April 2002 10:36, Markus Schorer wrote:
> hi,
>
> i have problems with liveac3 (at least i think so).
> i use vdr1.0.0 with aio-0704, a52dec 0.7.3.
>
> when i switch to pro7, everythink works, i hear dd-sound, can switch
> back
> and forth, the liveac3-thread starts and stops accordingly.
> when i switch to other dd-programs i get the following:
> i see no liveac3-thread, it runs for some seconds then vdr segfaults.
> the stream has ger/eng and dd tracks. when i start vdr without

what channel is that? you could also try to run vdr under gdb, make it
segfault and provide a listing and backtrace of all threads.

> -a ... everything works.
> playing back a recording on such a channel works perfectly (with -a).
> without -a i see "no accelerated IMDCT": why is the integrated a52
> library and downsampler started?

good question, i have seen that too, but wasn't worried enought to check.

> any ideas?
>
> my personal idea: why not use the compiled-in a52 functions for all
> dd playback?
> we could specify a device and a mode to playback all dd-data:
> - dvb-s or soundcard
> - downsampled to stereo/surround/4speaker ... whatever is supported or
>   digital out via ac3overspdif or soundcard
> - maybe useful combinations of this: downsampled to dvbs, raw to
> soundcard
>   etc.
> - we also could control the audio/video syncronicity much better.
>
> this could also reduce complexity in the various methods of extracting,
> inserting, downsampling and output methods.
>
> how many methods are there to switch a soundcard to spdif out?
> do we really need multiple tools (via commandline)?

ahh, so i'm not the only one. your ideas are very good, go ahead and implement
;-)
I think a good starting point would be the libao from a52dec.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index