[vdr] Re: MP3/MPlayer extention 0.4.0 available

> The first development target will be: generalice audio playback
> to allow all kind of audio files including direct cd-audio. For
> the cd-audio feature I'm planing to use cdfs
> <http://www.elis.rug.ac.be/~ronsse/cdfs/>. Please could everybody
> interested test this tool and report if it produces clean WAV
> files?

I didnt test ist, but have found this note on the web page.
"Note that audio tracks are `exported' by cdfs because they are on the CD.
However, cdfs will make no attempt to correct reading errors while reading
from scratched disks, to solve misalignment, frame jitter, loss of
streaming, etc. You should use cdparanoia or cdda2wav if you encounter these
problems. "

So i assume cdfs is not the best choice.

regards gunnar

Home | Main Index | Thread Index