[vdr] Re: OT: StarWars EP4

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 08:45:27PM +0200, Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc wrote:
> Did anyone record Star Wars last Sunday *with* AC3 Stream and have a good
> AC3 stream ??? If yes maybe he can sendit to me (DDS-1/2 tape or DVD-R) I
> recorded it last week and have 4-10 ac3 failures (dropouts) per minute. I
> try again today with a freshly reloaded driver to see if there is a
> difference ....

Do you see something like

.... vdr[<pid>]: ERROR: unknown picture type 6

within /var/log/messages during recording time (maybe with an other
number instead 6)?  It seems for me that if I found this in /var/log/messages
the resulting recording has a video corruption near this point and afterwards
I hear dropouts in the AC3 sound (and see SRS error from ac3play). AFAIS fast
forward and fast backward clears for a while the appearance of those dropouts
... therefore I supect that the index.vdr isn't fully in sync (wrong offsets)
with the recording in the 00<X>.vdr's after this unkonwn picture type
(see remux.c in cRemux::Process() at the end).

        Werner

PS: Interesting: (0x77 >> 3) & 0x07 is 6 and 0x77 is used within the
    short sync word of AC3 (0x0b,0x77) ... OK as easily could be seen
    (0x70 ... 0x76 >> 3) & 0x07 is also 6 ... though ;^)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index