[vdr] Re: Channel Switch every 21Seconds with pre5 ??

"Rienecker, Fa. Evenio, ITS P, M" wrote:

> EPG-Scan is supposed to switch about every 5 seconds

By default the EPG scan switches every 20 seconds.

> AND
> sweeps all channels, not just a few.

I sweeps all *transponders*, not all *channels*.

> Although I would prefer to have to select the channels to be scanned.
> ATM vdr starts channel-hopping after a fixed min-user inactivity.

That's 5 hours by default.

> It never stops until you use it again. It doesn't even bother if the
> ARM has crashed.
> I would like to limit the scan to a set of channels (e.g. no radio)
> to be checked once every 30 or 60 minutes.

How many cards do you have in your system?
With just one card this wouldn't make much sense, and withmore
than one card, the primary card is never used for the EPG scan.

Klaus