[vdr] Re: Kernel-Patch to make VDR undisturbable

> As I have posted before, IMHO we need a way to limit the buffer space
> used by the reading/writing of large files. If this can be done other
> cached important information will stay in memory and the delays will be
> drastically reduced.

Yes, that seems right. Buffering *much* more than a typical consuming unit
(that is maybe 100 times) does no longer increase performance. A kernel-patch
should'nt be to complicated - just have it generate some extra flushs for
those files??

Home | Main Index | Thread Index