[vdr] Re: Introduction from newbie

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Emil Naepflein (EN) wrote:

EN> On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Steffen Koch wrote:
EN>
EN> > Axel Gruber wrote:
EN> >
EN> > > Works without any problem - the only problem is that i only can record 2 Streams at
EN> > > same time over the NETWORK - but there are also the local harddisks...
EN> > Is this a bandwith problem?
EN>
EN> Shouldn't be. If he uses a 100 MBit network then more of a total of 1
EN> MB/s should be possible. Using NFS V3 with a large blocksize should do.
                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think, this could be the point. you should try different bloksizes and
do some benchmarking (just copy some large files like vdr recordings).

some years ago I did some tests for my net and 8k for both read and write
packets was the optimum. I mostly use this value since then. but your
milestone may vary.

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de