[vdr] Re: premiere news (audiovision 05/2002)

AFAIK, the 4.7SE CAMs can be updated by www.mascom.de .

> "Premiere will deliver their own CI-modules. The manufactu-
> rers of CI-receivers explicitly had to certify their hardware
> in order to make these pw-modules work. Already delivered
> receivers probably couldn't be certified, because of the de-
> pendency on the specific hardware."
>
> And that means ... ? Time for speculation !!!

I have a new Galaxis Easy World for 1 ¤. It has no PW CI, but a PW CA
Module which seems to be tightly coupled to the board.
This receiver is much better than the Dbox2.

I think we have to see whether vdr can be used for PW recording in the
future. But in the current situation where PW is very tight on budget I
doubt that the new encryption will be introduced in time.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index