[vdr] Re: KDE & tv-out to watch VDR with kvdr

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 21:15:26 +0200
"Marco" <marco@noope.de> wrote:

> I tried to activate my tv-out in KDE, but without success.
> I have a ATI Xpert@Play 8MB PCI graphic card. If a TV is connected at
> boot time, the TV-out is active. I can see the complete boot process
> on my TV.
> My monitor has a resolution display, which show a frequency of 50Hz /
> 31,25KHz.
> But during the startup of X, the frequency changes to 60Hz / ... .
> After this, I can see only a moving white bar on my TV.
> I tried to setup my xserver with Xconfigurator to this frequency
> (50Hz/31,25KHz) But is does not work, because this frequency is not in
> the XF86Config listed.
> I think the solution of this problem is, to setup a configuration like
> this (but with 50Hz):
>
> # 800x600 @ 60 Hz, 37.8 kHz hsync
> Modeline "800x600"     50     800  856  976 1040   600  637  643  666
> +hsync +vsync

Try with this modeline, but i don't know if it works
# 800x600 @ 56 Hz, 35.15 kHz hsync
ModeLine "800x600"     36     800  824  896 1024   600  601  603  625

If it does not, you can try to guess the right modeline on these sites:

http://zaph.com/Modeline/

http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/faq/vga2rgb/calc.html

The second one seems to be more useful, it have some settings for PAL
modeline.

Let us know what modeline works.

Angelus.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index