[vdr] Re: VDR on Suse7.3

Hi,

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, [iso-8859-1] Stefaan Coddé wrote:
> I'm new to linux and started to install a minimal version of suse7.3, re-compiled to kernel 2.4.18
> but the installation of the siemens driver failed every time as soon when make insmod was started.
> Using the standard kernel resulted in a make error, loadable module support not loaded.
Perhaps have a look at the documentation section of www.linvdr.org, there is
an article *in german only* describing the initial compilation and
installation of drivers and vdr on a SuSE 7.3. Perhaps you'll find a hint or
two which solves you problems. We tested the installation description on a
plain standard installation of SuSE 7.3 Professional.

If you can wait some days, in the magazine LinuxUser issue 05/2002 will be the
installation article on VDR 1.0.0pre4 on SuSE 7.3. We will publish it in the
documentation section, too, but this will take some weeks.

With best regards,
  _cooper_
 LinVDR - The Digital Linux Videorecorder               http://www.linvdr.org

Home | Main Index | Thread Index