[vdr] Re: DVD replay is unsmooth

Hello Andreas,

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

> On 12 Apr 2002 Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:
>
> > On Friday 12 April 2002 00:29, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> >> after a longer time I wanted to watch one of my DVDs (The Abyss)
> >> and found that the replay is very unsmooth, this means that the
> >> video running faster and slower with an rythm of about half a
> >> second (maybe GOP size?) while audio sounds good (AC3 too).
> >
> > Did the dvd work with an older version of my dvd patches? The switch to liba52
> > also slightly changed the pts generation. So far i haven't observed any
> > problems with that, but who knows.....
> > Also, there are certain dvd's where the audio/video syncing of the card simply
> > can't keep up with the way the datastream is (mis-)mixed. Switching a/v
> > syncing off usualy helps, but might lead to desyncs later in the movie.
> > You could try to change all AUDIO_SET_AV_SYNC ioctls to false.

I have the same artefacts during DVD playback. Yesterday I've tried
vdr-0.99pre4-AIO.... (old DVD construction) and there is absolute no problem. Audio
and Video runs very well synchronised also after skipping operation. (use the same
libdvd and libcss 0.3...).
As you mentioned before it seems to be a pts synchronisation point because the
pictures is skipping frames every 1/2 second. Sound is right. You talk about
mismixing of audio/video syncing. Is this really a known problem on certain DVD's ?
If I use the free running mode (AUDIO_SET_AV_SYNC = false) the skipping disappears
(of course later we are out of synch).
At this moment I'm a little bit unhappy with the DVD stuff.
Do you have any ideas how we can solve it because it seems I'm not alone with that ?

Wolfi

Home | Main Index | Thread Index