[vdr] Re: Problems with DVD

Andreas Schultz wrote:

>On Friday 12 April 2002 15:26, Mirko Günther wrote:
>
>>I've installed the AIO 10.04 Patch and have several problems with the
>>dvd-support.
>>At several DVDs I get the message 'ERROR: no nav_pack' and then it'll
>>skip one chapter. When I restart the DVD then it is all right and the
>>capter are play.
>>

>Sounds like a dvdread/dvdcss problem or a scratched disk.
>- are there any error messages on the console or in the syslog?
>- what version of the libs are you using?
>- what DVDs?

 the messages are in the syslog.
I use the lib form 'your' dvdinstall.tar.bz2 archive.
the disk aren't scratched.
The problem-DVDs are:

Final Fantasy (chapter5 -> chapter7)
Der Schuh des Manitu  (chapter11 -> chapter13)
Cast Away
U751

that's the DVD, where I noticed the jumps.
I'll see my other DVDs and write the title, where jumps are, but today
I've no mutch time to see DVD.

>>There is also a problem by showing subtitles and the progressbar at the
>>same time.
>>

>Both are using the OSD, getting both working together smothly is somewhere
>between difficult and impossible due to the limitations of the OSD. I
>currently see no pressing need to fix that.
>
>>I also can't rewind the Movie without that vdr chrash.
>>

>ff and frew are broken, will (mostly) be fixed in the next version. the
>navigation stuff has a initialisation problem causing seg faults when using
>chapter skip backward early in program chain. This will be solved when i
>switch to libdvdnav.
>
>Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index