[vdr] Re: Experimental Live Streaming Patch for VDR 1.0.0

Of
> Sebastian Herp
> Sent: 13 April 2002 16:19
> To: vdr@linuxtv.org
> Subject: [vdr] Re: Experimental Live Streaming Patch for VDR 1.0.0
>
> ok, meanwhile i managed it to extract the netplayer from the broken
> zip-file.
>
> 1. i hate it when elecard does what it does (overwriting my previous
mpeg2
> decoder which worked just fine ... whatever
> 2. the rest seems to work as expected :-) ... thanks ... only one
minor
> bug/feature: there is no audio on channels with more than one
audio-pid
> respectivly an ac3-pid ... aaaand: the aspect ratio in the player is
not
> correct (on channels which do not broadcast in full PAL resolution)
>
> thats it ... great work,
> Sebastian

Not sure about the extra audio stream problem.  I suspect their PES/PVA
filter only expects one video stream and one audio stream.  It would be
possible to only use one audio stream when in live streaming mode (when
there is currently no recording in progress on the card).  I'll have to
think about how to elect which audio stream to send.

The aspect ratio works ok in WMP 6.4 when in full screen mode.
Apparently, though untested by myself, WMP 7 should display the correct
ration both in a window and full screen.  It's nice when MS stick to
their own standards :S It should also work ok with Elecard's own MPEG2
Player but I haven't tested this as I don't like using their player :)

You might be able to unregister Elecard's MPEG2 decoder and MPEG2
demultiplexer as I think the crucial part is Elecard's PVA
Demultiplexer.  It would be very helpful if you could try this.

Simon

Home | Main Index | Thread Index