[vdr] Re: Experimental Live Streaming Patch for VDR 1.0.0

> The aspect ratio works ok in WMP 6.4 when in full screen mode.
> Apparently, though untested by myself, WMP 7 should display the correct
> ration both in a window and full screen.  It's nice when MS stick to
> their own standards :S It should also work ok with Elecard's own MPEG2
> Player but I haven't tested this as I don't like using their player :)

are you sure? tried both, wmp 6.4 and 7 and both show the video as one would
expect from the resolution those videos have. E.g. German Pro7 broadcasts in
full PAL -> correct aspect ratio because full PAL is 4:3 (here) ... but
German RTL2 broadcast with only 480 columns (correct me if i'm wrong) ...
anyway, it looks like the video is vertically streched (same effect that
happens when a vdr-recording was converted to mpeg-ps with pvastrumento) ...
probably a "feature" in those ms-players *g* ...

> You might be able to unregister Elecard's MPEG2 decoder and MPEG2
> demultiplexer as I think the crucial part is Elecard's PVA
> Demultiplexer.  It would be very helpful if you could try this.

regsvr32 /u codec ... well .. after uninstalling their mpeg2-decoder only
audio worked correctly :-( .. i don't know, but could their setup have
overwritten my former codec? (intervideo)
after uninstallting the demultiplexer no mpeg2-playback worked ...

Sebastian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index