[vdr] Re: Sky/sattelite

> 1. Any suggestions for a dvb t card which provides output to a tv?

Hauppauge sell them direct but they're about £240 and they may not have
any left.  They call them the Nexus-t.  They may get around to
officially releasing them at some point but I wouldn't count on it.

The ones they sell are pre-production.  Basically it's a rev 1.6 Techno
Trend DVB-s card with the sat tuner replaced with a terrestrial tuner.
And I do mean replaced as the card actually started life as a DVB-s and
has the electrical tape covering the big hole on the face plate to prove
it.

The terrestrial tuner is the same as on the Nova-t and you could
probably do the conversion/transplant yourself but that would be both
difficult and risky.

You can also buy Techno Trend DVB-t cards from http://www.dvb-shop.de/
but I had no luck getting an e-mail response from them and I'm not sure
what you would do were a card purchased from them to go faulty.

Simon

Home | Main Index | Thread Index