[vdr] Re: Sky/sattelite

Sky
> > satellite channels other than with Sky+.
>
> How much is a Sky+ box?
> Do you think it might be easy to use parts of the Sky+
> hardware to make a VDR system record Sky digital?
>
> Carsten.

I don't think you can buy a Sky+ box - I think you have to rent them
with your Sky subscription.  I seriously doubt you could do anything
with a Sky+ box.  Sky's whole philosophy is to make everything so
proprietary that you can't do anything with it yourself.  You have to
use their Digital Video Recorder - you can't make your own.  You can't
even gain access to the original digital recordings on a Sky+ box.  You
can only get the analogue audio and video when replaying a recording.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index