[vdr] Re: Your screwed if you live in the US

Stan Moon <second_exodous@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I was reading info on
> http://www.coolstf.com/mpeg/index.html#mpeg2na and
> found out that I can't use a DVB PCI card to get
> stations here, the boxes from various companies here
> only work with their service, so I don't think I can
> get anything on a PCI card even if I am using their
> service.
>
> In Europe is it different?  No matter what receiver

what do you mean with receiver? the dvb-card is the receiver.

> you have you can get DVB signals?  I'm kinda confused,
> is it just the receivers or is it the satellite also?

AFAIK, *every* digital channel is broadcasted using the DVB standard, so
yes you can get every digital free to air braodcasting and the encrypted
one, if its encryption methode is supported by the firmwere and you have
subscribt to theire service of course.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index