[vdr] Re: vdr with multiple cards...

> The first thing VDR does when looking for DVB devices is to check
> if it can access the file /dev/ost/frontend# (# = 0, 1, 2, 3).
> If such a file can be accessed, the message "probing..." is written
> to the log file. So in your case the only explanation is that there
> is no such file, or that it can't be accessed. I'm still in doubt
> whether is can be absolutely, positively ruled out that there is
> a '-D 0' option in the call to VDR...

Ups, it seems you are right. I edited the wrong line in my inittab. Something
like that happens if you were not on vacation for more than half a year :-(

It seems you will have less questions to answer if vdr prints not just it's
version but it's commandline args in the log as well :-)

Thanks for your help!

Home | Main Index | Thread Index