[vdr] 3 DVB-s cards...?

Hi!

I want to build up my own VDR box and have a couple of questions, please
help...

Up to now, this machine will probably look like this:

AMD Duran 800MHz, 128MB RAM, IBM 80GB 7200rpm (IC35l060)
1 x Siemens DVB-s (Rev. 1.3) or 1 x Hauppauge WinTV DVB-s
2 x Hauppauge WinTV Nova

I am totally new to this satellite business, so please excuse my stupid
questions:

If I will be able to get a Siemens DVB-s (Rev. 1.3), will it work
together with the WinTV Novas?

Are there any other "low budget" cards, that can be recommended? E.g.
cheap and compatible to either Siemens (Rev. 1.3) or WinTV DVB-s?

Is it true that only the Rev. 1.3 cards are featuring RGB output?

Does someone have experiences using 3 DVB cards? E.g. will the PC
described above be powerful enough to record 3 different stream
simultaneously? I suspect the IBM HDD will be able to deliver at least
20MB/second...

I plan to use a "simple" dish to receive ASTRA TV programs only. How
must I connect 3 DVB-s cards to the dish, so that I will be able to
record any combination of three different TV stations simultaneously? Is
there a special device that must be plugged between VDR box and the
dish's LNB?

Thanks for your help!

    Rolf

Home | Main Index | Thread Index