[vdr] Aw: 3 DVB-s cards...?

> AMD Duran 800MHz, 128MB RAM, IBM 80GB 7200rpm (IC35l060)
> 1 x Siemens DVB-s (Rev. 1.3) or 1 x Hauppauge WinTV DVB-s
> 2 x Hauppauge WinTV Nova

> If I will be able to get a Siemens DVB-s (Rev. 1.3), will it work
> together with the WinTV Novas?

Yes, it works wiht my 1.3/Nova System,
but it has been reported that there are problems sometimes
(IRQ/Slots/Picture). Never heard of a 1x1.3 and two Nova though.

> Are there any other "low budget" cards, that can be recommended? E.g.
> cheap and compatible to either Siemens (Rev. 1.3) or WinTV DVB-s?
>
> Is it true that only the Rev. 1.3 cards are featuring RGB output?

YES, but the video-out on the 2.1 is quite good...

> Does someone have experiences using 3 DVB cards? E.g. will the PC
> described above be powerful enough to record 3 different stream
> simultaneously? I suspect the IBM HDD will be able to deliver at least
> 20MB/second...

should do

> I plan to use a "simple" dish to receive ASTRA TV programs only. How
> must I connect 3 DVB-s cards to the dish, so that I will be able to
> record any combination of three different TV stations simultaneously? Is
> there a special device that must be plugged between VDR box and the
> dish's LNB?

true, you need a quatro-lnb, best with switch included ~80-90 EUR,
but sometimes the bigger problem is that you need all (three) cables connected from dish to vdr, whitch is quite an installation..

good luck
Holger

http://www.arcor.de/home/redir.php/rossmann
Rossmann Online, Ihr Drogeriemarkt!