[vdr] Re: Bug vdr-1.0.0pre5?

> Excellent. I totally agree. Honestly, no irony.
> Klaus, your time is much too valuable to spend it with
> windows up- and downward compatibility. I'd rather see
> you implement something useful for Linux during the
> same time.

> I also suspect that using VFAT partitions might keep
> people from looking for Linux solutions that solve the
> problem they are trying to solve by letting vdr write
> video data to a VFAT partition, booting windows afterwards
> and process these data under windows. I do not believe
> that the goal of the VDR project is to encourage that.

Here are many people who are using a WINDOWS-client in the NETWORK.
(Not dual-Boot)

The other Thing is:

I made DVD-R Disk´s with my VDR but i can only read this disks with a
linux Computer because no WINDOWS Machine is able to read this directory
Names.

I´m sure there are other solutions - but i think this would be a good idea.

There are many good ideas - but klaus have to decide what ideas he take up
and what ideas he dont realize - cause we should think about that he don´t earn
money with the VDR-Projekt.

What i don´t understand are statements like your´s :-(

Here i have 4 Linux-boxes at home and and only 1 Windows  - but i don´t want to miss
it. Linux is very good for several thing - but not for all....

Some little examples:

 - Just buyed a WEBCAM - tryed it with linux 4 Day´s - giving up - no chance
 - Installing a Parallel-Webcam on a LInux-machine - work 3 Long nights on it now it works
 - Just buyed a new cheap Scanner - no driver for Linux....

That´s why i still use a Windows-Client - and what´s wrong if i want to access to my VDR
Video-Directory ?

CU

Axel

Home | Main Index | Thread Index