[vdr] Re: AIO 17.04

On Wednesday 17 April 2002 15:28, Florian Engelmann wrote:
> Hi,
> couls someone PLEASE explain me the liveAC3 thing?!
> my hardware:
> digital output of the dvb-s connected to my external yamaha decoder (DD and
> DTS).
> on dvd playback DD works fine - but what do i have to do to get ac3 working
> on pro7????

DD and DTS out through the dvb card only works for playback (dvd or
recordings) and transfer mode. The AC3 stream of a live feed can *NOT* be
output through the dvb card that is recieving the feed.

In your case, either a second dvb card (a nova would be enough) or a sound
card with digital out is needed.

BTW: does DTS over the DVB card work for you?

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index