[vdr] Re: Will these work for linux?

I went chasing down this same rabbit hole about a year ago
and thats what I learned/concluded.  There should be some
threads in the archive to that effect from around that
time.  Understand, I'm not saying that it can't be done in
theory; but its going to take some off the shelf stuff,
custom mods to the CI code that is there which currently
isn't reliable yet, and a willingness to sacrifice some
hardware in the $100's of dollars just to see if its
possible with customizations.  Any of the current DVB
boards will pick up 'in the clear' DISH channels just fine
( I've done it with a DVB-S board ) but there is not much
but barker channels in the clear.  The cam is the key... I
think a soft-CAM may go about things differently but I
never dug deep into that.

    Bill