[vdr] Re: AIO 17.04

> On Wednesday 17 April 2002 15:28, Florian Engelmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> > couls someone PLEASE explain me the liveAC3 thing?!
> > my hardware:
> > digital output of the dvb-s connected to my external yamaha
> decoder (DD and
> > DTS).
> > on dvd playback DD works fine - but what do i have to do to get
> ac3 working
> > on pro7????
>
> DD and DTS out through the dvb card only works for playback (dvd or
> recordings) and transfer mode. The AC3 stream of a live feed can *NOT* be
> output through the dvb card that is recieving the feed.
>
> In your case, either a second dvb card (a nova would be enough)
> or a sound
> card with digital out is needed.
>
> BTW: does DTS over the DVB card work for you?
>
> Andreas

YES - DTS works fine (THHHHAAAAAAANKS)!!! I had to say YES to DD and DTS
over DVB and NO to all other AC3 settings....
ending playback with BACK causes vdr to crash and my reciever does not
switch back to normal dolby... but that is ok for me ;)

but vdr does NOT store these settings... after a  restart it always resets
"DD and DTS over DVB" to NO and ac3 compression to YES?!

i have an soundblaster live 1024 with digital output - how can i enable
DD/DTS on dvd playback AND on livewatching pro7 DD mivies???

ths engel

Home | Main Index | Thread Index